For High Tea Kits, there isn’t an overly complicated set of HR requirements required to get the business running. Firstly, the main qualification for myself/employees is having a BC Food Safe certificate to ensure proper food handling. The primary skills most needed by any employees are baking, marketing, selling and customer service. For myself, it would also include financial, legal and administrative management to ensure proper running of the business. I would conduct all primary and critical business such as the farmer’s market rental, setting up of the website and business name registration, for example.

Secondly, employees will be recruited by me, with a small interview to ensure that they are the right fit and have the right skills to assist with HTK’s running. Jobs with HTK would be open to any member of the public so long as they meet the requirements of the job, and don’t pose a legal or financial liability.

Thirdly, if I am needing a break from HTK for a certain amount of time, a replacement in either the form of a trusted employee or a trusted associate of mine will cover my side of the work. This would not require managing the financial, legal, and administrative records which I would still be able to do without any real strain, and the responsibilities would include the same requirements for every employee who works for HTK previously mentioned.

Fourthly, compensation for employees and contractors would follow all provincial and federal laws for what is necessary, with limited benefits depending on what is affordable for the business. Scheduling would be somewhat relaxed, except for Saturday mornings as that is when selling at the farmers market happens and an employee of the business must attend to facilitate sales unless extraordinary circumstances change this. If an employee is ill on said days, I can cover the selling of HTK for that day without assistance. Sick day policies will be the required minimum 5 days as mandated by the federal government. Scheduling of work outside of Saturdays will be done on a quota basis where employees can work whatever hours they choose so long as they create the necessary items needed for that week’s sales, or in the case of non-physical tasks like customer service and advertising that they complete work as it comes up within a timely manner. I will almost always be available for employees to consult in any situations that arise.

Lastly, the job positions employees could hold are sales representative, baker, customer relations rep, social media rep and supplier, who’s job consists of purchasing necessary ingredients and packaging materials. All other job titles include the tasks related to their named position.